Blogging friend Angela Maiers has tagged me with one of those memes that are so popular in the blogosphere. Thanks, Angela, for giving me the opportunity to offer Passing It On readers this bonus Christmas post.
The meme rules passed on by Angela are:
- Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
- Share 7 random and or weird things about yourself.
- Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
The first of the 7 random facts is especially for Angela, an accomplished runner:
1. Although I am probably the only runner in Iowa high school history to have gotten lost in a cross country meet, I have started two marathons and finished one.
2. I was a DJ for a short time on my college radio station.
3. I once buried a dishwasher in my back yard.
4. I'm a published poet.
5. I played intramural basketball against Marlin Briscoe, who went on to become the first black quarterback to start in the NFL before earning two Super Bowl rings with the Miami Dolphins and almost beat then-NBA rookie Scott Wedman in a game of HORSE.
6. I once turned down a Peace Corps assignment to Jamaica.
7. I spent a glorious afternoon in a bowling alley bar with rockabilly pioneer Carl Perkins and Johnny Cash's mother-in-law, Mother Maybelle Carter of the famed Carter Family.
Enough about me. It's time to hear about these seven friends:
- Jenni at AJA
- Stefani at Legacy Multimedia
- Elizabeth at Gift Idea Help
- Steve at Family Legacy Video
- Peggy at Peggy Payne's Boldness
- Michael at Insight Advertising
- Timothy at Carpe Factum
Happy holidays to all!